South Australia, the ACT and NT are all coming out of the other side of outbreak, with SA actually being described as one of the “safest places in the world”.
They’ve all recorded no new cases and have few or no active cases.
Western Australia and Queensland also recorded no new cases in the past 24 hours but they still have several active cases.
With Victoria, NSW still recording cases overnight, the country’s coronavirus fight continues.
So how did the other states do it?
READ MORE: Follow our coronavirus coverage
AUSSIE STATE THAT’S BEATEN THE VIRUS
South Australian health officials have praised residents for playing their part in controlling the coronavirus pandemic.
With SA now reporting no new infections for a week, Chief Public Health Officer Nicola Spurrier said the state was in a good place.
Premier Steven Marshall attributed the success to two key elements – border control and testing.
South Australia was one of the first states to introduce tough border measures on March 24, and two weeks later its curve began to flatten.
South Australia was also the first state to introduce drive-through testing and at more than 55,000 so far, has the highest testing rate per capita in the country.
“We have had, unequivocally, the highest level of testing in Australia and amongst the highest level of testing, per capita, of anywhere in the world,” Mr Marshall said.
So far, South Australia has had 438 confirmed COVID-19 infections but 96 per cent are now considered recovered.
RELATED: How Australia can avoid infection spike
JURISDICTION NOW VIRUS-FREE
While SA still has 14 active cases, the ACT has none.
There have been no new cases of COVID-19 recorded in the ACT in the past 24 hours but it’s taken two months for them to get to this point.
Testing was also expanded in the ACT to include anyone with coronavirus symptoms, regardless of whether they had been in contact with a positive case.
Most of the restrictions eased in other states were never in place in the ACT, including the NSW ban on visits from two other people.
RELATED: Australia may have bet on wrong drug
Universities and schools have been closed.
There has also been no official ban on non-essential travel.
The territory’s chief health officer Kerryn Coleman said 106 people have had the coronavirus, three of whom died, with the other 103 now recovered.
“Today marks the first time in seven weeks our territory has no active cases of COVID-19 and this is because of the strong work the community is doing to stop this virus,” she said today.
AUSSIE REGION ON TOP OF THE VIRUS
There are just three infected patients in the Northern Territory and none are in intensive care.
The jurisdiction closed off its borders last month and banned travel to vulnerable remote communities.
A 14-day isolation period has applied for community residents wanting to return home from regional centres.
Campgrounds, multi-day walks, swimming spots and high-use day areas have been closed.
Most national parks have been shut but people could still go bushwalking on local trails provided they adhered to social distancing measures.
As part of a three-pronged strategy, the NT Government’s motto has been to “test, trace and trap”. Measures have included controlling the borders and creating a new normal of social distancing and strict cleaning protocols.
“We have one of the most vulnerable populations in the world — and we must do whatever it takes to protect them,” Premier Michael Gunner wrote on his Facebook page.
“We made tough calls — and Territorians responded by being respectful and responsible for the most part — and by sticking together. The Territory’s tough response to COVID-19 has worked.”
Today the NT Government released a full exit strategy from COVID-19 restrictions — including to allow pubs to reopen with conditions in two weeks.
Outdoor weddings, funerals and even playgrounds will be back in business from midday tomorrow.