Latrell Mitchell and Josh Addo-Carr flout social distancing during COVID-19 lockdown


Melbourne CEO Dave Donaghy also said the first he heard of the incident was via a report in The Daily Telegraph.

“I wasn’t aware of this photo,” club boss Dave Donaghy told the News Corp paper. “I’ve not spoken to Josh for a while. I can’t provide any context to it.

“Our players have been absent from the club since the season was suspended late last month, but when they are back on deck for the recommencement of the season they’ll be fully briefed regarding the protocols being implemented by the NRL and clubs.”

Thousands of fines have been issued in recent weeks across the country with Australians urged to only leave their house for essential shopping, medical appointments or employment reasons.

Loading

The news comes one day after the NRL announced strict coronavirus protocols ahead of a proposed May 28 resumption of the competition. Among the measures sent to club bosses on Sunday evening is the need for every NRL player to have his home environment approved by head office. Players will also be encouraged to download the federal government’s contact-tracing phone app under draconian restrictions to allow the game to resume.

On top of the previously mooted daily temperature checks and online health surveys, every NRL player’s household will need to be assessed by the club’s medical officer or they will be forced to find alternative home arrangements. They have also been warned not to allow any visitors into their home.



Rugby

Related posts

Make a comment