“We’re yet to have those discussions but I’d certainly be open to it,” Seibold said. “If there’s an opportunity for us to play and train and we have to relocate, that’s what we’ll do.
“Who knows how the players would handle it, and sometimes you can have blissful ignorance. We’ll deal with it … as long as it’s communicated and well planned and thought out.
“The Warriors having to relocate here to Australia has been discussed and they’ve been stoic with what they’ve already done and had to endure so far. There’s been no mention of other teams having to do it, but depending on what our government’s directive is, that might now be a possibility.
“It’s certainly a unique situation at the moment. It’s like we have a puzzle on the table that nobody has put together before. But we’re all working hard to do our best with the situation that has presented itself.”
Palaszczuk said on Monday: “I would love to see the footy back. I would love it just like anyone else.
“But we have to have the clear health advice, and there is no clear health advice at the moment that is telling me the NRL can start and no other sport can.”
The Broncos have one of the youngest rosters in the competition and several players have welcomed, or are about to welcome, babies. It places even more importance on Queensland border restrictions being lifted.
Seibold said Broncos CEO Paul White had been guiding the coaching staff and playing group and knows the biosecurity measures to be put in place will make training at Red Hill one of the safest places in the country.
“I’ve heard [horse trainer] Chris Waller talk about how he feels safer at a racetrack than anywhere else, and that’s the intention of the NRL, when we will be in our own training environments,” Seibold said.
“I’m optimistic the curve will continue to flatten, and [proposed return date] May 28 is still over six weeks away.”
Seibold said the competition suspension had ”been a reality check” for everyone and prompted him to renew his high school teacher’s registration, while several players had focused on studies and apprenticeships.
Gun forward Tevita Pangai jnr has been impossible to miss on social media. He has had several running sessions with league hopeful and former Wallaby Quade Cooper. Should the competition be shortened, Seibold said there had been no thought given to whether Pangai jnr’s four-match ban should be reduced.
The Broncos have started the season undefeated, including a tight victory over Souths in arguably the most intense and entertaining clash of the opening fortnight.
Green said there were a lot of questions still to be answered about COVID-19, why the borders remained closed and how long his players would have to remain away from families if they were required to do so.
“It’s not a simple yes or no answer, but I am committed personally and the club are committed to getting the footy back on as quickly as we can,” Green said.
Titans CEO Steve Mitchell told ABC Radio on Monday: “We have to make sacrifices in order to get the competition going … if that means we need to go through some adversity and some different obstacles that we need to work through, so be it. We can’t change the circumstance as it currently stands, so if we need to work through it and make some sacrifices to make it work, so be it.”
Christian covers rugby league for The Sydney Morning Herald.