Man loses fingers in firework explosion

About 8.40pm yesterday, emergency services were called to a house on Wooli Road, Pillar Valley, about 34km northeast of Grafton in northern NSW, following reports a man had been injured while handling fireworks.

Police have been told a man was holding a firework that was alight before it exploded, causing the loss of three fingers as well as burns and lacerations.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the 40-year-old man at the scene before he was flown to Gold Coast Hospital in a stable condition.

Ambulance officers were called to the scene after a man lost three fingers in an accident. Picture: Gordon McComiskieSource:News Corp Australia

Officers from Coffs/Clarence Police District established a crime scene and commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

An empty box of fireworks, as well as casings and wrappers, were seized at the scene and will undergo forensic examination.

Investigations are continuing.


Related posts

Make a comment