The Wollongong mother-of-two left the experiment two weeks ago, later suggesting she quit the show following an “uncomfortable” behind-the-scenes incident between her and 39-year-old FIFO worker Luke Eglin.
Viewers, however, saw the bride leave after complaining about missing her two young sons.
RELATED: Connie confirms Poppy made complaint over MAFS incident
RELATED: MAFS’ Poppy goes rogue with furious Facebook post
“This is going further,” Poppy said at the United Cinemas Opera Quays opening night this week, as reported by The Daily Telegraph.
“I feel like I’m empowered by the fact that I have spoken up and I’m not going to back down because things happened and I admitted things on camera.”
She said she spoke up on “two occasions,” adding that the “footage speaks volumes about what actually happened.”
Shortly after MAFS fans watched the photographer pack her bags and leave the experiment two weeks ago, Poppy posted on Facebook hinting there was more to the story
“I haven’t watched the show, I refuse to,” Poppy wrote on Facebook.
In terms of how she was being portrayed on the program, Poppy wrote: “I couldn’t say what was happening behind the scenes, so let’s just play her ugly crying and whinging over her kids.
“F**k, I’d probably hate me too!” she wrote. “From what I heard that’s all they play of me!”
While Poppy didn’t go into detail about the incident, she said Luke made her feel “uncomfortable”.
NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS: Listen to James Weir’s podcast
JAMES WEIR RECAPS: Read all the MAFS recaps here
In response to the bombshell, Connie, who was matched with Jonethen on the reality show, appeared on KIIS FM’s Kyle and Jackie O.
“It’s a touchy one this one,” Connie told the radio hosts when asked about the incident.
“I just don’t feel comfortable really giving too much of my opinion on this matter. It is big, and it’s something that Poppy and Luke need to deal with themselves.
“It’s heavy,” Connie added.
Connie later appeared on a different radio program and was asked if she was “Team Luke” or “Team Poppy”.
“Within my experience of knowing them in the experiment, I’m Team Luke,” Connie said on Hit FM’s Get Up with Krysti and Bodge. “He is a good guy.”
In a separate radio interview last week, a woman claiming to be Poppy’s best friend told Kyle and Jackie O Poppy had called in the lawyers to discuss her options.
Channel 9 and Endemol Shine previously told news.com.au they reached out to Poppy after she blasted the show and her TV husband on Facebook.
“We have seen Poppy’s post and note her distress,” Channel 9 and Endemol Shine wrote in a statement.
“We have reached out to her to offer support and won’t be making any further public comment and will focus on doing our best to support both Poppy and Luke.”
Channel 9 has not responded to news.com.au’s request for comment amid Poppy’s latest claims.
Married At First Sight continues Sunday on Channel 9 at 7pm.