Arnold Schwarzenegger tweeted in the early hours of this morning (Sunday US time) that he isn’t going to press charges following the incident at a sporting event in South Africa, according to theNew York Post.
Update: A lot of you have asked, but I’m not pressing charges. I hope this was a wake-up call, and he gets his life on the right track. But I’m moving on and I’d rather focus on the thousands of great athletes I met at @ArnoldSports Africa.
— Arnold (@Schwarzenegger) May 19, 2019
“A lot of you have asked, but I’m not pressing charges. I hope this was a wake-up call, and he gets his life on the right track. But I’m moving on and I’d rather focus on the thousands of great athletes I met at @ArnoldSports Africa,” the 71-year-old “Terminator” star wrote.
RELATED: Arnie drop-kicked while taking selfie
Video footage shows the former California governor was blindsided Saturday by an man who shouted “Help me! I need a Lamborghini!” — then pounded the movie star in the back with a double drop-kick.
The kick sent Schwarzenegger, who had been watching a young girl jump rope, stumbling forward.
The attacker landed hard on the gym floor and was immediately tackled by a security guard.
Wayne Price, who organised the Arnold Classic Africa sporting event, said the man is “known to the police for orchestrating similar incidents in the past,” according to Deadspin.
He said Schwarzenegger is “still in good spirits,” according to Deadspin.
This article first appeared in the New York Post and is published here with permission.