Ex-Worcestershire county all-rounder Alex Hepburn has been found guilty of one count of oral rape after a retrial.
Jurors at Worcester Crown Court deliberated for 10 hours and 53 minutes before delivering a unanimous verdict.
Hepburn sighed and then slumped into his seat, covered his face with his hands and sobbed after the verdict was returned by the foreman.
He was cleared of a second count of rape and will be sentenced at Hereford Crown Court on April 30.
He had denied the two counts of rape relating to the attack in the early hours of April 1, 2017, at his flat in Worcester.
Prosecutors claimed the 23-year-old began to rape the woman while she was asleep after getting into her bed, where she had earlier had consensual sex with his then-teammate Joe Clarke.
Hepburn told the retrial that the woman made eye contact with him and then kissed him, instigating a consensual sexual encounter lasting around 20 minutes.
During his evidence on Wednesday, Hepburn admitted he sent “disgusting, horrible and embarrassing” WhatsApp messages while setting the rules of a sexual conquest competition.
Text messages from Hepburn to the WhatsApp group were kept from the jury, including his claim that he had slept with 60 women as part of the “game”.
The judge handling the trial said Hepburn should prepare himself for prison.
“I am adjourning your case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report. But it would not be a kindness to you to leave you under any false impression as to the purpose of that report,” he said. “There is only one sentence that can properly be handed down in this case, and a custodial sentence is inevitable.
“You need to prepare yourself and get matters in order and attend Hereford Crown Court on the 30th of April,” he said.