Immigration Minister David Coleman confirmed Mr Yiannopoulos would not be able to enter the country for his tour, despite granting him the visa earlier this month.
“Milo Yiannopoulos will not be allowed to enter Australia for his proposed tour this year,” Mr Coleman said on Saturday.
“Mr Yiannopoulos’ comments on social media regarding the Christchurch terror attack are appalling and foment hatred and division.
“The terrorist attack in Christchurch was carried out on Muslims peacefully practising their religion. It was an act of pure evil.”
Mr Yiannopoulos described Islam as a “barbaric, alien” religious culture on social media in the wake of Friday’s terror incident, prompting the government’s latest decision.
Mr Coleman had previously agreed to the visa after conservative MPs put pressure on him to override the Department of Home Affairs’ advice to ban Mr Yiannopoulos.
Mr Yiannopoulos took to social media to use his ban as proof for why people should never temper speech for the “scolds, nannies and censors of the elite establishment”.
“I’m banned from Australia, again, after a statement in which I said I abhor political violence,” Mr Yiannopoulos wrote.
“Coleman and his party deserve to be annihilated at the next election for their betrayal of such fundamental western values as free speech and for cravenly folding to pressure from the left.”